Conference Chat and Meet-ups

Home Forums EuroSTAR Attendee Network EuroSTAR 2015 Conference Chat and Meet-ups

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Emma
    Participant
    @emmaconnor

We’re counting down the days to EuroSTAR 2015 now, not too long to go! If you are attending this year or planning to attend, then this thread is for you!

Feel free to use it to discuss the Conference, arrange meet-ups, . If you want to arrange informal get-togethers about a particular area of testing at the conference, organise social meet-ups or anything else post them here! 🙂

The EuroSTAR Team are also here to answer any questions have! 🙂

Bob
    Participant
    @barnsleybob

This is my first time at EuroSTAR and am really looking forward to it.

I’m fortunate enough to be attending the pre-conference training so will be arriving in Maastricht early Sunday evening.

Are there any other early birds who fancy meeting up for a chat and a drink on Sunday evening?

Bob

Emma
    Participant
    @emmaconnor

@barnsleybob we can’t wait to meet you in Maastricht! Your first EuroSTAR is always going to be a special one. And we have loads of exciting plans so you’ll have a great week 🙂

The EuroSTAR team will be in the NH Hotel from 5:30pm perhaps that would be a good meeting point for a few drinks and then people can head on to town after that?

There will be an Early Registration open in the NH Hotel from 5:30pm – 7pm so you can collect your conference badge etc. and it will save you queuing on Monday morning!

Less than 1 week to go! 😎

Craig Lynch
    Participant
    @craig-lynch

@barnsleybob I’m a fellow newbie arriving Sunday (hopefully having successfully travelled Schiphol – Maastrict) . Am staying in town – going to miss all the fun 🙁 but am planning on Early Registration and happy to meet up on Sunday night.

Bob
    Participant
    @barnsleybob

Craig
    I’m also staying in town but should be at early registration (assuming I also manage to navigate from Schiphol)

anders
    Participant
    @andersr

Hi, a couple of practical and one social question:

– Practical: I’ll arrive late Sunday night, so I will probably sleep as long as possible Monday. Tutorials start at 8.30, when should I be at the location for getting bagged and tagged Monday?

-Practical: What is my options for storage Tuesday (unfortunately I will only be attending the tutorials mon&tuesday) ? any place to safely store my suitcase ? Other suggestions, not involving carrying the luggage around tuesday ? Lockers at the Central station ?

-Social: If anyone wants to meet up for something to eat and/or drink Monday, feel free to shout out. 2 of my colleagues will be arriving Monday afternoon (one test environment guy, and a non-tester manager), we are all nice people in age 40-50.It would be a shame to only spend leisure time with folks I already know, so if there are another small group of people or solo-travelers wanting to socialize with some Norwegians working in the health-care industry, let me know so I can invite you to an unformal meetup to discuss life, universe and everything.

Paul
    Participant
    @paul-madden

Hi @andersr,

I can help you with the first two questions 🙂

when should I be at the location for getting bagged and tagged Monday?

Registration is open from 07:30. It’s the first day, it’s going to be busy so try not to leave it too late as there may be a queue. Tutorials will start at 08.30 sharp.

What is my options for storage Tuesday?

There is a cloakroom facility at the MECC where you can leave your luggage. This is a free service.

For your last question, a suggestion would be to grab a drink at the Tutorial Drinks reception after your Monday tutorial, you’re sure to come away from that with a plan for the evening if you haven’t already done so.

anders
    Participant
    @andersr

Thanks, Paul 🙂 My Journey begins in a couple of hours

Bob
    Participant
    @barnsleybob

My travel plans are in chaos. 9:25 flight into Schiphol cancelled. Rebooked on 13:35 but currently delayed overa n hour. No chance of early registration. Still hope to get a beer in Maastricht.

Craig Lynch
    Participant
    @craig-lynch

@barnsleybob
    Fog seems to have done plans proper damage. I’m on my first train to Amsterdam arena before my trasfer to Maastrict. Should arrive in Maastrict 19.35 so no early registration for me either!

Bob
    Participant
    @barnsleybob

Now arrived at Schiphol. Waiting for my bag.

Craig Lynch
    Participant
    @craig-lynch

Sounds like you’re about an hour behind me. I’ve just made the connection from Amsterdam Arena and on the train to Maastrict now.

I’m staying at the crown plaza but may go for a wander to the venue to help judge times for tomorrow since we’ll need to queue now!

Bob
    Participant
    @barnsleybob

Just on the first train at Schiphol. On my way but just going into town tonight. I’ll worry about the queues in the morning.

Bob
    Participant
    @barnsleybob

Don’t believei t. The Maastricht train is delayed. Will I ever get there?

Craig Lynch
    Participant
    @craig-lynch

Have faith! Oh and get to the front end of the train. Mine split near Eindhoven!

Bob
    Participant
    @barnsleybob

Craig. Now on the Maastricht train. Should arrive by 9:00. Boy am I ready for a beer.

Craig Lynch
    Participant
    @craig-lynch

Haha, i’m at the crown plaza. Im going to see if I can find some scran. Drop me a note if you’re in this neck of the woods.

Bob
    Participant
    @barnsleybob

What street is it on. I’ve got am ap of the city.

Craig Lynch
    Participant
    @craig-lynch

crowne plaza maastricht ruiterij 1 6221 ew maastricht,

Bob
    Participant
    @barnsleybob

Will probably stay close to my hotel tonight. Will catch up tomorrow

Craig Lynch
    Participant
    @craig-lynch

Cool, catch you tomorrow.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The forum ‘EuroSTAR 2015’ is closed to new topics and replies.