Are these trends affecting test Management right now?

Home Forums Everyday Testing – Careers, Learning and more Are these trends affecting test Management right now?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ronan Healy
    Keymaster
    @ronan

I came across this blog post recently by @reqtest on the trends that are affecting test management.

He listed the following as trends that could be disruptive to test management right now.

– Agile is the norm for testing and business sides
    – Scrapping manual automation testing
    – The emergence of T-shaped testers
    – The migration of business testers into the development teams

I had not heard of a t-shaped tester before (it’s a new concept on me) but I think all the arguments he makes are valid.

What do you think? Do you think there are any more that could be added to this list?

Jesper
    Participant
    @jesper-lindholt-ottosen

T-shaped testes originates among others from Rob Lambert:
    http://thesocialtester.co.uk/t-shaped-testers-and-their-role-in-a-team/ in 2012…

The whole trend “shift left” is about putting test in early (BDD, TDD..) and automated byt SDET’s etc.

This is one of the best replies to what happens to the test manager:
    https://huddle.eurostarsoftwaretesting.com/event/2015/lost-job-test-manager-learnt-result/

Robin
    Participant
    @robingoldsmith

My sense is that these types of actions affecting testing, especially those related to Agile, often tend to be driven more by development than by test or business management. Unfortunately, regardless who initiates actions, their effectiveness often is presumed rather than demonstrated.

Robin F. Goldsmith, JD advises and trains business and systems professional on risk-based Proactive Software Quality Ass

Ronan Healy
    Keymaster
    @ronan

I would agree with you @robingoldsmith that a lot of trends that affect testing do seem to stem from development. I suppose like all trends, they are emerging and have to be fully assessed for their impact.

I didn’t realise the term t-shaped tester was around so long either. Seems to be only making an impact in some places now.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.