Im a begginer. Please help me finding proper testing tool

Home Forums Everyday Testing – Careers, Learning and more Im a begginer. Please help me finding proper testing tool

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    biomedix
    Participant
    @biomedix

Hi
    I need to test GUI application that runs on desktop (not web appln) . I need to select proper testing tool for it

I started with UFT 12.51 tool, but in that tool i found that user should record an process for testing.
    My question is, Is there any tool that creates test cases on its own and user doesnt record anything ???

Awaiting ur reply

Thanks in advance

Oliver
    Participant
    @oliver

I think perhaps you may be best server by reviewing one of the Webinars from earlier in the week
    https://testhuddle.com/resource/blunders-in-test-automation/

Ronan Healy
    Keymaster
    @ronan

@biomedix I would echo what Oliver said. That webinar is an excellent start.
    Have you found an answer to your problem?

Alin
    Participant
    @groza-alin88

Hi @biomedix,

I have also tested desktop applications. I am not sure if I understand correctly your question:

I started with UFT 12.51 tool, but in that tool i found that user should record an process for testing.
    My question is, Is there any tool that creates test cases on its own and user doesnt record anything ???

Basically, you have to record the objects like windows, buttons, fields etc. You can use the objects to write your own code for tests by accessing the object repository where they are saved or you can just run tests as “record and play”. But in both cases recording is needed and I don’t know if there is a way to avoid the recording process.

I have used only UFT for testing desktop applications. Other tools that I know and support desktop applications are Ranorex and TestComplete. You can have a look on them and see how they work.

Regards,
    Alin

barret
    Participant
    @barret15

To be honest, I really do not know any tool which creates test cases on its own. However, some testing tools simplify the process of recording different test cases for the user by enabling them to directly record the steps without writing a single line of code.

An example for such a tool is Ranorex. It supports both recording tests with and without writing code.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.